Here are some of my favs in no certain order:
- Free senior coffee at Chick Fil A, 25% discount at GoodWill on Tuesdays, and senior discounts in general.
- Enjoying other people's children now and then. Mostly then.
- Understanding the phrase "I've forgotten more about that than you know."
- Telling young people about my experience at Woodstock (even though I wasn't there.)
- Finally having an excuse for forgetfulness.
- Natural platinum blonde highlights
- Being OK with me.
- Freedom to be flat honest (blunt? tactless?) when the occasion calls for it and knowing that I get to decide when that is.
- Being fearless. I mean, whatcha gonna do, kill me? Pffftt, you gotta come up with something better than that!
- Old friends
- Understanding more than I have need to explain.
There's no getting around the fact that age does some wicked, wicked things to physical bodies. It's a good thing that with age, we often figure out that we're more than just our bodies.