Friday, October 29, 2010

In My Life Love

The third in a three-part series on love.



John Lennon said it very well.


     There are places I'll remember
     All my life, though some have changed
     Some forever, not for better
     Some have gone and some remain
     All these places had their moments
     With lovers and friends, I still can recall
     Some are dead and some are living
     In my life, I've loved them all

     But of all these friends and lovers
     There is no one compares with you
     And these memories lose their meaning
     When I think of love as something new
     Though I know I'll never lose affection
     For people and things that went before
     I know I'll often stop and think about them
     In my life, I'll love you more


I dunno why or how. Maybe it’s chemical, maybe it’s timing, maybe it’s age.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment