Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don't It Always Seem To Go. . .

You don't know what you got till it's gone.

Gazillions of people just go along breathing and drinking and sleeping and pooping as if there is never going to be an end to them, as if it's no big deal. And then one day, poof!  You can't sleep or there's some little problem like a flood and your community doesn't have clean water. Or your bowels just go on strike. Or, like my friend, you can't breathe without help.  Then it becomes a very big deal. The biggest deal.

There are people all around sleeping and getting clean water from a tap.  People who don't even slow down for a sale on Colon Blow and who breathe without thinking a thing about it. Ungrateful fools!

If you had at least 7 hours of sleep last night, 8 glasses of clean water, a good poop and can fill your lungs with air, you should get on your knees (if they still bend) and thank the Universe. 
Eat your spinach, my friends, because there are children in China without food. And that's all I have to say about that.

3 comments:

  1. Something I've been saying for a long,long time. I gave up on the material things long ago when my husband was given 2-3 years to live with end stage Hepatitis C. We thanked our universe/god/spirit guides for each day and now that he's gone I am so grateful for every day we had and the new days that are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wise and very profound statement from you my dear. I stand as I applaud your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As difficult as it is some days, I'm grateful to have that day.

    ReplyDelete