Sunday, December 18, 2011

Words to Scratch By

A million years ago when I rode my dinosaur to grad (how to be a psychotherapist) school, the other grad asses and I kept a quote board.  The rule was that you actually had to have heard or read the statement in order to post it.  I recreate it here from memory and have added worthy quotes I've run across more recently.

I can't stand intolerance.

Oh, Israel, to conquer Death you only have to die.

They said I had a bad attitude, but I don't give a shit.

Delusions of grandeur make me feel better about myself.

I'm glad I'm not an alcoholic because then I'd have to quit and I don't think I could.

I have a very highly focused sense of vagueness.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

It takes a big man to admit he's small.

I have cultivated my hysteria with pleasure and terror.

Some people are sane all their lives.  How boring they must be!

The here and now ain't what it used to be.

It's better to be mad and know it than to be sane and have ones doubts.

It is a dangerous man who has rationalized his emotions.

Sometimes the only sane thing to do is become mad.

I don't recommend psychosis for everyone, but it works for me.

It's a mighty fine delusion to believe you're free of them.

Doubt is uncomfortable.  Certainty is ridiculous.

Life is like a waterfall.  (Don't ask, I've no idea.)

She was as deaf as a bat.

Now, it isn't every day that you need one of these gems of wisdom.  But it's good to have them handy, just in case.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous quotations. I think my favorite is "life is like a waterfall"! LOL

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    PS — My verification word is "debel" as in "The debel made me do it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fayyyyy...How are you? I love this. Especially
    "They said I had a bad attitude, but I don't give a shit." Thanks for the giggle this morning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Life is like a waterfall'. I figure I would twist that one into any conversation -- and say it solemnly so that others will think I am saying something wise, but they are just not quite sure what.

    ReplyDelete