I wish you all a happy Wear Brown Shoes Day, Civil Aviation Day, Bathtub Party Day, Eat Red Apple Day, Roof Over Your Head Day, Maple Syrup Day, Ice Cream Day, Chocolate Covered Anything Day, Cotton Candy Day, St. Nicholas' Day, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Lemon Cupcake Day, Bake Cookies Day, Chocolate Day, Eggnog Day, Fruitcake Day, Boxing Day, Date Nut Bread Day, Chanukah, Pumpkin Pie Day and Bicarbonate of Soda Day. I poo you not, these are all holidays in December. No wonder I'm voluptuous and confused.
And I hope you all have a happy new year. I reckon that even before the world ends less than a year from now, 2012 will be an interesting year. I have broken my resolution to never make an other resolution and have resolved the following:
1) I resolve to not waste what isn't mine and remember it's all borrowed.
2) I resolve to be conscious of the times I am not kind and try to minimize them.
3) I resolve to not miss an opportunity to dance - even if I'm relatively sure I'll fall down.
4) I resolve to turn my consciousness to here and now when I catch myself thinking of when and then.
5) I resolve to look at the sky and be grateful daily.
6) I resolve to waste less, and drink more, water.
7) I resolve to waste less time on negative emotion and laugh more.
8) I resolve to remember always that life is short and try to widen it.
9) I resolve to celebrate more and mourn less.
10) I resolve to be in awe daily.
Ten is a lot of resolutions for someone who hasn't made one in a few decades. If you see me behaving as if these were not my resolutions, please knock me up side the head, or remind me in some gentler way. And in case the world doesn't end next December, remind me to resolve these again next year.
Oh, and have a happy Festivus!